Today will look into the Peace Lily plant which is a NASA recommended Air Purifying plant. Will look into the care tips, the common mistakes we tend to do while caring peace lily and also how to propagate peace lily.
Spath or peace lily or closet plants with botanical name as Spathiphyllum is a beautiful indoor air purifying plant as recommended the NASA. They are evergreen perennials with large leaves and unique flowers which are produced in spadix. Spaedix means a spike having small flowers on a fleshy stem.This spadix is surrounded by a spathe which is a curved white bract or hood which covers the spadix.
When it comes to indoor plants, peace lily plants are some of the easiest to care for. But, while peace lily plant care is easy, proper growing conditions are still important. Let’s take a look at the care of peace lilies.
1. Sunlight: Peacelily prefers medium to low light – that’s indirect sunlight and can be kept in shady places. Again Peace lilies that are kept in more light tend to produce more and healthy flowers, and in low light will bloom less and will look more like a traditional foliage plant. SO keeping this mind, you can keep indoors at a spot which receives adequate indirect bright light.
2. Watering: This point is very important for peace lily care and the most common mistake gardeners tend to do is overwater the peace lily. Peace lilies are far more tolerant of under-watering than overwatering, which is one of the most common reasons for a peace lily plant to die. So what you can do is check once in three days and dip a finger into the soil to check for moisture and if the soil is till damp, never water it now, check again after 1 or 2 days and then water the container.
3. Also one more tip on Watering: Some people also wait until their peace lily is starting to droop down before watering their plant. As these plants are very drought tolerant, this method does not harm the plant and will prevent overwatering.
4. Soil: Soil at any cost has to be well draining soil. If you bring your plant from a nursery and you find its planted in clay rich soil, please remove the clay rich soil by soaking the root ball in a tub of water which dissolves the clay rich soil. Then repot the plant in a larger container in a well draining soil. Please watch my video on Universal Potting soil from a link in description and also from the top right corner link, but please complete this video first.
5. Well, Now the Fertilizer Requirement. You can use NPK 20 20 20 5 – 6 crystals once a month or decomposed cowdung or horse dung powder.
6. Propagation of Peace lily: It can be grow from seeds, and by dividing the root ball during repotting if its over grown its container.
7. One last bonus tip to keep it healthy with proper photosynthesis, keep its leaves clean of any dust by spraying water or mopping the leaves.
So there we have it folks, That was an episode on peace lily care tips and propagation. Please comment below the video, if you like it or not and also any extra points if I missed here. Also please give a like or thumbs up to the video if you liked it and also consider subscribing to the channel if you are new to our channel. Happy Gardening!
Universal Potting Soil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_ac8ETOEJY
peacelily, peacelilycare, plantcare,
SUBSCRIBE TO DOCTORS HEALTH TIPS CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/c/vcare?sub_confirmation=1
(I am a medical doctor with hobby as gardening)
Free SUBSCRIBE TO Our Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/c/gardentips?sub_confirmation=1
CLICK NOTIFICATION BELL TO “ON” TO RECEIVE UPDATES!
Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/gkvk.net/
Our Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/gkvk_in
Our Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/gkvk.in
Our Hindi Channel – http://youtube.com/gardeningtips
Please LIKE and Share your Thoughts and COMMENTS below.
Gardening Videos – PLAYALL: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvE-WOB38X7Z8mAiNYyqcldMQQZCnz5o7
Also please SUBSCRIBE to our channel with Notification Bell “Turned On” to receive notifications on new additions and activity of our channel.
Garden Tips – Gardening Channel English – http://youtube.com/gardentips
Gardening Tips Hindi – http://youtube.com/gardeningtips
Our Website: http://www.gkvks.com
CHECK OUR PLAYLISTS: https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/playlists